Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gettin' fancy

We've been without pillowcases for a week. Somehow, someway, somewhere they got misplaced in the laundry.

Just the pillowcases are missing, as far as I can tell. I'd for sure notice if some of my clothes were gone because I wear the same five things all summer.

But back to the pillowcases. I said I'd make a new set. Perfect excuse to buy fabric.

Pillowcases

I love, love, love the DS Quilts line at JoAnn. That's where all this is from.

I thought the pillows might look plain, so I used one of my decorative stitches to fancy it up.

Decorative stitches
I like it.

The baby quilt is getting quilted.

Quilting

I stared last night and, like everything else with this quilt, decided I hated it. So I stopped, had a glass of wine and went to bed. This morning I thought it was fine.

Quilting

The Essex Linen is quilting just like any other fabric. The quilt sandwich doesn't seem heavier.

Here's a lame cellphone photo of the back.

image

The grey is Quilter's Linen. It's regular cotton with a linen-esque texture print.

I ordered it when I planned to border each block in grey. This is the back of the fabric; the front is much darker.

002
That's the front.

Here's hoping I finish up the quilting tonight, in honor of Melinda. Maybe I'll have a beer. Also in honor of Melinda.

And, ahem, the adorable dog photos for Aug. 30, 2011:

008


Adorable dog photo for Aug. 30, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment