Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Avoiding

There's this quilt I'm working on ... and I'm not totally wild about it. About 50 percent of the time I love it, and the rest of the time I think it's awful.

I've dealt with it by avoiding it, until today. The recipient of the quilt will be here in two weeks, so it's time to get busy.

But for the last half month or so, I've done other stuff. I think I get most of my sewing done when I've avoiding some other project.

Another pair of Henry pants!

Pants the II

Pocket

This.

Cardigan from old hoodie

Finally bound these pillows. The blue one is also done, but not washed. And since they spent a month on the couch with the dogs, they need a good washing before I'll show them publicly.

Front

Pillow back

Pillow!

Also, a trout.

014

005

And then two bags lined with ripstop nylon. First, an insulated bag. Or a wet bag. Whatever you need it for.

Insulated tote-wet bag

The guts are Insul-Bright. The outside is cotton ticking from JoAnn. The tutorial I used is here.

And then came the toiletries bag.

Toiletries bag

And two little bean bags/fabric weights from the snipped corners.

Pin cushions

There's also been lotso baking! This, in particular.

Apple cake

I don't think it needs frosting. But I added it here because I made this cake for work, but ate the whole top off when it came out of the oven and needed to hide that.

Chowder did a bit better at the dog park last Sunday.

Progress!

And, finally, Echo came!

Echo!

I went up to the sewing room at 10 a.m. to start work on the quilt I'm dreading. And I forced myself to clean up in there. When I was almost done, our mail carrier knocked on the door to drop off this wonderful package! What a reward for being all responsible and adult-ish and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment