Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lately ...

We've been doing a lot of this:

Mutts

Things have been generally crappy. But at least there's quilting.

I've been working on these blocks:

001

Totally wonky log cabins.

007

Make with various prints from two (I think ...) Denyse Schmidt collections at JoAnn. The bolt ends just say DS Quilts, and so do the selvedges, but the receipt I looked at the other day said something about Aunt Edna and maybe Sugar Creek?

009

The pieced part of the blocks vary in size. I'm going to frame each in white to make them all 18.5 inches, of 18 inches finished. At this point, I think the final layout will be 4 by 5, or a quilt that's 72 by 90 inches. It might end up square at 90 by 90. Who knows.

I've been thinking about quilting ideas, and first considered a loop-d-loop, but I think I'm going to go with vertical straight lines, equally spaced. I have one quilt on my bed like that, and I love the drape. Plus I like how those kind of lines look over so much negative space.

:::

The garden plot got all gardened:

002

These guys were already there. A good sign?

Untitled

:::

Old buddy ...

Untitled

It is baseball season, after all.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment