Thursday, July 11, 2013

Shirt! Shirt! Shirt! Shirt!

Untitled

Untitled

!!!!!!!!!!!!


I made that. Or, more accurately, #@$%& YEAH, I MADE THAT.

That's how I feel about sewing clothes.

There's the time when it looks like this:

Untitled

And then this ... which is like sort of almost a thing that might be a shirt or pants or maybe a sleeve?

Untitled

And then this happens:

Untitled

The damn yoke. It took me way to long to figure it out. And once I did, I said out loud: "No s#*t." Because I felt that stupid. It's the most obvious, yet totally confusing, thing. Maybe ever.

But after you survive the yoke, and the night of drinking it causes, you end up with a little redneck baby sleeveless shirt.

Untitled

You could just stop there ... but then you add the sleeves, which is the same as adding sophistication. And class.

BAM! It's a recognizable piece of clothing that a real human would wear.

Untitled

It's at this point that I get all giddy and say to the dogs while jumping up and down "Look! It's a shirt! A shirt! With sleeves that look like sleeves and a collar that does what collars do!"

To which they reply:

Untitled
(this is "meh" in dog)

But anyway, here it is in action! On July 4, which is what I made it for (four). Ha.

Untitled

This is an Oliver and S Sketchbook shirt. I love these patterns. So far I've made their School Days Jacket and a few of these.

:::

I also finished this quilt.

Baby Bake quilt top

I don't have any photos of the finished quilt ... yet. But it's done. I swear.

Untitled

:::

My neighbor kids have have a new game. It's called "Cover Tom In Dirt."

Untitled

:::

Where I live, for two more days, is pretty.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment