Thursday, July 7, 2011

27

Gulp. I don't qualify as in my mid-20s anymore, do I?

But being 27 means I now have, courtesy of the most wonderful boyfriend, a design wall!



I love it, love it, love it, love it. So much.

And look at this!



It is a HUGE Moleskine notebook. Just massive. With new colored and drawing pencils, too.

It was even wrapped by a kid at his office.



The best. He is.

So now I'm just here, at my desk (at work, shhhh) waiting to go home and play with all my new toys. For the first time since we've lived here, I'm excited to do laundry. Because once my fabric is washed, I can assemble my blocks and USE the design wall.



Blocks are coming from these. After some Googling, I learned that I'm making a Roman Stripe block. Who knew?

And...

I'll REALLY need the design wall when I start on this quilt.



It's for someone I love who has: had a pet squirrel, loves Christmas, used to take me and my brother to her trailer at the beach to watch wales, took me to the county fair to see the piglets and planted roses like my grandma.

Hence the fabric choices. I've also made about 15,145 chocolate chip cookies with this person,, and there's one more fabric coming to represent that. And maybe some stars, if I can find a print I like. We watched shooting stars from her backyard every august.

It's for my Aunt Donna, who made for and gave to me what is probably one of the most-loved quilts ever made and given.

Bedroom

The quilt that's topped every bed I've had since 2002. See the roses?

My goal/plan is to get both of these quilts pieced and quilted so I can bind them during our drive to Oregon at the end of the month. The recipients will be in Oregon, so the pressure is on.

And, finally, I think the yellow:blue:white quilt is ready for its debut. Again, TOTALLY NOT MY OWN DESIGN. Total ripoff.



As you can see, I ran out of fabric. I need to add a yellow-white strip on the end of the yellow-white square rows. But here's the terrifying part: I also need to add a whole two more rows. This thing is already huge. And it will only get huger.

No comments:

Post a Comment