Monday, June 13, 2011

Quilt to donate

So Eastern Montana has been nailed by flooding. It rained a lot, almost the average annual amount of rainfall by May.

One small town has been hit hard twice. And the mountains are still holding on to a snowpack that's 800 percent of normal for this time of year in some places.

I searched out an outlet that will accept quilt donations, and am making two to give to flood victims. It's a good thing to do, and I'll take all the practice opportunity I can get.

I'm almost done assembling the top for the first. It'll be about 50 by 50 inches, a good baby quilt. It's a wonky piano key sort of thing.




















It's made with all (I think) 1930's reproduction fabric. Minus the white, which is Kona Snow. I'd finish the top tonight, but my iron is super dirty for some reason and I can't get it clean. And that doesn't work well for ironing white fabric. Or any fabric, really.

So no night sewing.




















I got in some good rambilng this weekend.

The bar at Reed Point:

DSCN6703




























 A good campfire after loads of rain:

DSCN6855





















Tom in his element:

DSCN6899





























I'll leave you with this scene from our balcony today:


No comments:

Post a Comment